Networking Groups: Who Is Responsible?string(38) "Networking Groups: Who Is Responsible?"
I would like to share a story with you.
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody
|This is a little story about four people named|
Everybody, Somebody, Anybody, and Nobody.
There was an important job to be done and
Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it.
Somebody got angry about that because it was
Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but
It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when
So the question is: When it comes to networking groups, who is responsible?
Who is responsible for growth of the group, the level of professionalism, for making the meetings positive and fun? Who is responsible for bringing visitors, creating a welcoming atmosphere, and for mentoring new members?
When we are part of a group or a team, we all share equal responsibility for the success of that group. This is true in our household, our workplace, our recreational teams, our charitable organizations, and our business networking groups.
The privilege of membership includes the responsibility of participation. Successful networking groups thrive because each member contributes to the overall success, enabling them to reap a part of the rewards.
The responsibility of participation includes:
– Attending all the meetings, arriving on time, and staying until the end.
– Consistently inviting and bringing visitors and potential members.
– Getting to know fellow members and building mutually beneficial business relationships.
– Actively seeking referrals to business opportunities for fellow members.
– Following the established guidelines and processes for the networking group.
– Serving in leadership, mentorship, and support roles for the benefit of the group.
– Sharing a positive attitude with a focus on solutions rather than problems.
When each person in a networking group accepts the responsibility of their membership and contributes with an attitude of Givers Gain®, they ALL share the rewards.
There will always be challenging times – in life and in business. Our network can help us navigate those challenges with support and friendship.
Remember, EVERYBODY is responsible for their networking group’s success.