To be an effective networker, you should always be working on strengthening your relationships with your referral sources. So, what’s the best way to do this? It really depends on the referral source and what he or she responds to.
There are a number of actions you can take to build good will and credibility in your relationships, and the list below contains an array of examples. Of course, this is not an exhaustive list, so you should feel free to add your own actions to it.
- Send a thank-you card.
- Send a gift.
- Call a referral source.
- Arrange a one-on-one meeting.
- Extend an invitation.
- Set up an activity.
- Offer a referral.
- Send an article of interest.
- Arrange a group activity for clients.
- Nominate a referral source.
- Display a source’s brochure.
- Include a source in your newsletter.
- Arrange a speaking engagement.
- Invite a source to join your advisory board.
This is an important topic so, in the coming weeks, I’ll be posting a handful of blogs explaining in more detail how to do each of these things effectively. Be sure to come back to find out more about this. In the meantime, I’d love to hear your comments about what actions have been fruitful for you when working on strengthening relationships with your network partners.