“Never Apply for a Job Again: Break the Rules, Cut the Line, Beat the Rest”string(87) "“Never Apply for a Job Again: Break the Rules, Cut the Line, Beat the Rest”"
Earlier this year, I was asked by Darrell Gurney (pictured below) to write the foreword for his new book, Never Apply for a Job Again: Break the Rules, Cut the Line, Beat the Rest, and I gladly agreed for two reasons. First, Darrell walks the talk–he completely understands the importance of building genuine relationships in networking and he is the epitome of a master networker. Second, I believe this book is an invaluable tool for people across the globe in forging new career paths, especially in our current economic climate where the competition for jobs can be a huge challenge for the majority of people.
Today is the official book launch for Never Apply for a Job Again, and I highly encourage you to visit the book’s website and watch the short videos on the site which explain what the book is about and how it can help people worldwide use networking to secure jobs without struggling through the conventional, highly competitive job application process.
In short, the book outlines the way for professionals, new graduates just starting out, returning military folks, and all others to approach an uncertain job market with certainty by knowing and being known by the people who have the power to launch careers.
Darrell teaches how to:
- Break outside of limiting “rules” by which you unconsciously live in relation to networking
- Meet people, be memorable, stay top-of-mind, and maintain connections with influential door-openers
- Employ ten, time-tested principles for launching an effective “stealth” career campaign
- Have your fascinations and passions lead to research and relationships
- Network like a pro, regardless of whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert
- Conduct backdoor meetings to gain massive referrals
- And more . . .
80% of all jobs are filled before they are ever advertised and this book is the solution to being left in the dark and not getting a chance at the unadvertised jobs. To quote Darrell, “The most effective career-enhancement tool since humans arrived on the planet is the good opinion and favor of others.”
If you want to learn more about how to advance your career by leveraging the good favor of others whom you’ve built genuine relationships, visit the Never Apply for a Job Again website by clicking here.