So many times we take our business cards for granted, and we so easily forget to carry and use this compact, energy-efficient, low-cost, low-tech instrument–a self contained device with no gears, springs or batteries that keeps working hours, weeks, years and even decades after it has left our hands.
I’ve said this many times before. But since I haven’t blogged about it in a long time, I thought it’d be a good time to reiterate that the business card is the most powerful single business tool, dollar for dollar, that you can invest in.
Your business card serves a multitude of functions–none of which goes into action until the second you give it away!
BENEFITS OF THE BUSINESS CARD:
- It tells people your name and the name of your business.
- It provides your address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, website and other ways of contacting you.
- It lets people know who you are, what you do, what your qualifications are for doing what you do, how the things you do can help them and, perhaps, even what you look like.
- It demonstrates in text and graphics why a person should consider doing business with you rather than somebody else.
- It can give others a taste of your work, your style, your personality–even your voice.
- It can persuade the person you give it to that you are intelligent, creative and resourceful.
- It can be so unusual, attractive, strange, charming or funny that it sticks in the memory like a great radio or television ad.
- It can present the same messages to anybody who gains possession of it, long after it has left your hands for the last time.
WHAT’S MORE . . .
- It never needs repair or maintenance.
- It requires no license to own or operate.
- It can be carried by the dozens in your shirt pocket or purse.
- It fits easily and unobtrusively in your hand and starts working automatically the instant you hand it to someone.
Here’s the bottom line: this amazing little tool, this tiny advertisement that keeps working and working, is the most cost-efficient promotional device you can own. If you haven’t given much thought to your business card lately, or have been neglecting to hand it out at every opportunity, now’s the time to start paying attention to your business card and utilizing it to reap the great benefits.