This video is hosted by Entrepreneur.com and can be found on The Networking for Success YouTube Channel.
Networking is the perfect way to help take your business to the next level. But putting your eggs in one basket and depending on one networking group to satisfy all your needs won’t work–and that’s coming from the Founder of the world’s largest referral network.
We all select different people in our lives that satisfy various needs that contribute to our well being; our parents provide comfort and guidance, our close friends provide support and cheer, our business relationships provide trust and honesty. While these satisfactions may overlap from group to group, it’s important to have more than one person you’re leaning on for all your emotional needs.
It’s the same with your networking groups! While you may find cheer and honesty in more than one group, it’s important to spread your interests to gain a varied support system.
When selecting your business networks, you need to understand which types are available so you can make an informed decision. There are five types:
1. Casual Contact: A gathering on people from many different professions, usually in a mixer environment
2. Strong Contact: Usually only allows one person per profession, get together very regularly
3. Community Service Clubs: An opportunity to rub elbows with other very successful people
4. Professional Associations: Trade organizations that are very specific in purpose
5. Online: Social Media such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, where networking is constant
To better understand which group fits you best, watch the video below.