Below are the top five common mistakes that businesses make when it comes to social media networking–avoid all of these.
- Spending too much time on sites you enjoy and not fully evaluating whether that particular site is the most effective one for your efforts.
- Going onto a site for “work” and then running down rabbit holes getting distracted by friends who may have posted something interesting or something that requires a response.
- Not being able to properly define when it is more cost-effective to delegate certain social media responsibilities to someone else to handle.
- Setting up a blog, Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter page and then not keeping it populated–consistency and fresh content are key.
- Forgetting that social media is about engaging in the conversation and not just about selling.
What other mistakes have you seen? Share them here.