Thoughts About My Favorite Places Take Flight Like Birds
Recently, Beth and I were sitting on our balcony at our Beach Condo in Galveston, Texas talking about where our favorite places are on the planet. Beth pulled out her phone and thought people may like to know where my favorite places are to go in the world. This is a question people do ask us because we travel a lot. On one airline alone, I have flown over 2.3 million miles.
Beth videotaped me answering the question. “Where is my favorite place in the world?” Below is the video of the conversation I had with Beth. I think people might find it interesting. Consider this as part of my G.A.I.N.S. exchange as I share my “interests” with you.
The things you enjoy doing and the places you enjoy going can help you connect with others because people are more willing to spend time with those who share their interests. Knowing other people’s interests makes it easier for you to help them in some way. Therefore, let them know your interests as well. If you and your contact share many of the same interests, it will strengthen your relationship.
Where are my favorite places in the world?
You can watch the video above to learn where my ultimate favorite place in the world is located. You might be surprised by my answer. Here are a few other favorite places on our list:
- Galveston: Relaxing at our beach condo. Now and then, the local birds take flight, rise up, and soar above our heads.
- India: We have a lot of members in India and I enjoy visiting with them.
- Necker Island: We enjoy spending time with Richard Branson on his private island.
- Paris: We enjoyed the two months we spent in France for our 25th wedding anniversary.
- South Africa: We did an amazing safari together at Camp Jabulani.
- Sydney Australia: Beth loves Sydney. It is one of her favorite places, but not her number one place. Can you guess where Beth’s ultimate favorite place is? Listen to the video for her answer.
- The Great Barrier Reef: We explored it from a small ship.
COVID-19 has changed our travel life. We look forward to the days when we can travel the world again. Visiting these favorite places we mentioned, and also exploring new places we have never been to before. By sharing this video, we know we will receive many invitations to go visit and revisit many places all across the world.
Therefore, I suggest that you add this question about your favorite places when discussing your “interests” as part of your G.A.I.N.S. exchange. Download a copy of the GAINS exchange profile form. People will get to know you better when you share your favorite places in the world during your one-to-one meetings. Please share below in the comments your favorite places in the world too.
One thought on “Thoughts About My Favorite Places Take Flight Like Birds”
Travel may be forever changed, but I’m actually visiting more museums virtually around the world than I probably ever could if I were actually traveling.
I’m a member of ACE BNI in San Francisco and just learned that you are speaking at the virtual Gratitude Summit to be held Aug 13-15. I wanted to email you a gratitude story but I don’t know if you’ll get this or if someone posts your blogs for you. It has an attachment, so I’d need an email address.