If you want to develop an effective word-of-mouth campaign, you’ll need to have an arsenal of credibility-enhancing materials at your disposal to make the most of every networking opportunity.
Below is a checklist of items you may already have available or wish to begin assembling, which can be used as collateral materials in developing your desired image.
- Testimonial letters from satisfied clients
- Photos of yourself and your office facilities, equipment and products
- Photos of your key customers
- Photos of awards and certificates you and your staff have earned
- Articles in which you’re mentioned
- Articles you have published
- A one-page, faxable flier
- Audio or videos you have used
- Any of your new-product announcements or press releases that have been published
- Copies of other display advertisements that you’ve used (text from radio or TV spots)
- Advertisements that you’ve run
- A list of your memberships and affiliations
- Product catalogs you use
- Current brochures, circulars and data sheets
- Question-and-answer sheets
- Logos, trademarks, service marks, patterns, designs you’ve used
- Your letterhead and stationery
- Your annual report, capability statement and prospectus
- Newsletters or news-type publications you use
- Your motto, mission statement or service pledge
- Client or customer proposals and bid sheets
- Survey results by you or others
- Presentation notes or slides and PowerPoint presentations
- Marketing letters you wrote to clients
- Generic materials developed by your associations
- Articles on trends affecting your target market
- Posters, banners and display materials used at trade shows
Be sure to store your networking materials in a bin or a set of shelves built to make it easy to retrieve frequently used documents. This equipment greatly aids any company’s word-of-mouth campaign and ability to respond quickly when necessary.
Note: This is not a complete list of items needed to market your business. The items in this list are focused on enhancing your networking activities.